Whilst there may not be as many visitors in your home this year as previous ones, the risk of a cranberry sauce or red wine stain is still possible. Take note of our stain removal tips this Christmas to keep your home stain-free for 2021.
What you might need
Add these essential stain removing items to the Christmas shopping basket; Clean white cloth (cheap flannels are perfect), white vinegar, soap flakes, vodka, white spirit, blotting paper, talcum powder, and remember to always test the treatment in an inconspicuous area first.
- Cranberry Sauce & Christmas Pudding
– Scrape away as much as possible, then with a dry cloth, apply a little white vinegar in a sponging action
– Apply soap flakes (A teaspoonful to a mug of warm water) dab with white vinegar followed by more of the soap solution
– Rinse with water, dry and the stain should be removed
– Absorb as much of the wine as possible with kitchen towels then dampen the area with a light spray of water
– Sprinkle with plenty of talcum powder and cover with more kitchen paper, a piece of cling film, a heavy book and leave for 12 hours
– The talcum powder will absorb all the wine and can then be vacuumed away
– Scrape up as much as possible.
– Dab with a soap flakes mixture(A teaspoonful to a mug of warm water), gently sponge (don’t rub) this mixture onto the stain and allow to sit for at least three minutes
– Absorb the soap mixture with a clean white cotton cloth, repeat until no transfer is visible
– Rinse with clean water and absorb with a clean white cloth
– Dry with a hairdryer or leave to naturally dry
- Goose fat, Brandy butter or Chocolate
– Same instructions as above
– Before drying wipe over with Vodka. You can get yourself a vodka and coke afterwards to treat yourself for your hard work!
- Tea or Coffee
– Rinse out with cold water, absorb the water with a clean white cloth until there is no more transfer
– If any marks are left, call in the professionals
- Christmas Tree Sap
– Dab the tree sap with a spot of white spirit on a dry cloth, followed by soap flakes (around a teaspoonful to a mug of warm water)
– Gently sponge this mixture onto the stain and allow to sit for at least three minutes.
– Sponge the entire residue out while keeping the stain as dry as possible
- Candle Wax
– Place blotting paper over the wax; using the point of an iron warm the stain up until it is absorbed by the paper
– Keep moving the paper over candle wax until it is all absorbed
– Dab white spirit onto it with a clean cloth
– If a colour stain remains, call in the professionals
With these tips on cleaning stains, we hope you have a stain-free Christmas. If you’re unsure on how to remove anything from your fabrics then get in contact with us to discuss our stain removal service. 0845 762 6828