How to have a safe bonfire night.
It’s vital to know Bonfire Night safety tips before enjoying the celebrations.
Read on for some helpful Bonfire Night safety tips to keep you, your family and friends safe this Bonfire Night.
Did you know that thousands of out-of-control bonfires are attended by the Fire Brigade each year?
Help to keep the Fire Brigade accessible for fires that can’t be prevented by following these simple Bonfire Night safety tips:
Bonfire Safety Tips
- Check there is no wildlife and no pets where you build your bonfire.
- Build your bonfire clear away from buildings, sheds, fences and hedges.
- Don’t light your bonfire with flammable liquids.
- Don’t burn dangerous items such as aerosol cans, paint tins, batteries or foam-filled furniture.
- Always have clear access to plenty of water in case you need to use it (buckets/hose pipe)
- Never leave a bonfire unattended, and ensure it is damped out when finished.
To avoid smoke getting into your home, remember to close windows and keep doors closed.
Any clothing worn for the bonfire should ideally be washed quickly to avoid the smell entering your home.
Need smoke or fire and smoke restoration?
If you are unfortunate enough to be impacted by a spreading bonfire, call emergency services immediately.
For the aftermath and restoration, our fire and smoke damage restoration experts at ServiceMaster Restore can help.
For 24/7 professional fire and smoke restoration services, call 0845 762 6828