How we ensured optimal business continuity in 24 hours after substantial fire damage with ServiceMaster Restore+.
ServiceMaster Restore in Rotherham and Barnsley recently supported a company headquarters after a severe arson attack on the property resulted in significant fire damage to the ground floor.
The property, a substantial, stone-built, double-fronted detached two-storey office building, had to halt, disrupting and hurting their operation.
This is a major issue for businesses after significant damage, as they cannot get running again in much time (if at all!)
According to the London Fire Brigade, nearly 60% of businesses never recover after a fire.
Thanks to ServiceMaster Restore Plus, which streamlines the claims processes through our network of approved and accredited professionals, we restored the business to a safe working environment in twenty-four hours!
What was the damage?
The arson attack heavily damaged the left side of the building, necessitating an evaluation of Beyond Economic Repair (BER) contents.
Widespread Debris and Water Damage
The front and ground floor were covered in debris, with approximately 1 inch of water mixed with fire-damaged debris.
Electrical Safety Concerns
Power was cut off by the fire brigade when assisting with the fire.
How ServiceMaster Restore Responded with a same-day callout
- Following the emergency callout facilitated by ServiceMaster Restore Plus, the team conducted an immediate assessment.
- They then efficiently removed excess water from the right-hand side of the ground floor office area and deployed drying equipment, ensuring optimal levels were maintained.
- They then conducted a comprehensive electrical safety test and established a temporary power supply to support drying.
- Following this, they cleared extensive debris inside and outside the building and performed a BER assessment of the damaged contents.
- To restore the floor and interior, they removed water-damaged commercial vinyl flooring.
- Plans were made to overboard the subfloor for restoration and to conduct decor works on skirting boards and walls.
- Finally, they implemented ozone generation for deodorisation and thoroughly cleaned the entire property.
When the business was in danger of significant disruption and permanent damage, our swift and effective response mitigated further damage, and the business could continue trading with minimal downtime.
The interventions allowed the client to plan for a return to their offices with minimal impact on their business operations.
Want to optimise business continuity after a disaster?
Through our network of trained and accredited professionals and our swift response through Restore Plus, ServiceMaster Restore’s capability to manage complex commercial property restoration efficiently ensures the continuity of business operations following catastrophic events.
If you require professional restoration services and want to minimise disruption to your business while ensuring unparalleled restoration results, find your nearest ServiceMaster Restore business today to see how we can help you in a crisis.