With the weather dropping below freezing this week, it’s tempting to pull out the space heater for a little extra warmth, That’s all well and good providing you adopt best practise when using them. Read on for further information on our space heating fire prevention tips!
Here’s some tips to keep you safe in the comfort of your home or business when using space heaters:
- Never leave space heaters unattended
- Keep space heaters away from flammable materials (curtains, furnishings, paper etc)
- Don’t use in enclosed areas i.e. under a desk
- Plug space heaters directly in to a power outlet (do not overload extension cables)
- Buy space heaters with safety shut offs
- Always check the space heaters condition before using it
- Don’t leave trailing wires
- Remember to turn them off at the end of the day/use (whichever is soonest)
Space heaters pose as a huge fire risk if they are not used correctly. Follow our space heating fire prevention tips to keep you safe through this cooler months.
If the worst should happen and your property is subjected to fire and smoke damage, contact us for our professional, emergency help. We can be with you in an emergency within 2 to 4 hours to help in your time of need. We can assess your property and provide a plan to implement to get your property back to its original condition with minimal disruption.
If an accident does happen, ServiceMaster Restore can help to restore the damage – contact us in an emergency on 0845 762 6828 / www.servicemasterrestore.co.uk