Anti-social behaviour has seen a rise in recent months due to the Covid-19 pandemic according to the BBC.
According to a recent report, such incidents have risen by a fifth compared to the previous 12 months.
Most believe this to be because of educational settings being closed, leaving individuals with more time on their hands to fill and choosing to fill it with anti-social behaviour. Although some anti-social behaviour happens in the dark, this cannot be used as an explanation.
Antisocial behaviour is defined as ‘behaviour by a person which causes, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to persons not of the same household as the person’ (Antisocial Behaviour Act 2003 and Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011).
At ServiceMaster Restore, we deal with the after effects of anti-social behaviour, such as the damage caused from such incidents. We see fire damage, graffiti and substance abuse to name a few.
Prevention is always better than the cure and here are some tips to help prevent damage occurring to your property from anti-social behaviour:
- CCTV to deter damage in the first place, or record it should it happen
- Privacy screens and glass to prevent intruders from looking in to the property/vehicles
- Security monitoring including security guards or close monitoring by a security firm
- Gates, fencing, walls 0r trees to enclose the perimeter of your property
- Lighting both indoors and outdoors to startle potential offenders
However, if you are unfortunate enough to be the victim of this kind of damage, you can call us as the experts at ServiceMaster Restore to remove graffiti, unwanted waste and restore fire or other related damage to return your property back to its former state.
Contact us at 0845 762 6828 for our expert disaster restoration help if and when you need it