If you’re lucky enough to be able to get away this year, you’ll need to prepare your home for holiday. Read on for our handy tips on getting your home ready for holiday time.
- Make it look like you’re actually still home
- Lighting on timers
- Ask neighbours to park at your home
- Ensure you’re not expecting any deliveries that won’t get collected
- Don’t post on social media whilst you’re away
- Ask your neighbour to take out your bins on bin day
- Consider a house sitter, especially for long periods of time
- Protect your home against crime
- Bring any spare keys hidden around the home, inside
- Lock all windows, doors and gates
- Motion sensor lighting
- Alarms and security cameras
- Program your central heating
- Unplug electrical items (TV, etc)
- Check your home for any maintenance before leaving
- Prep for your return!
- Throw away food that will go off whilst you’re away
- Empty bins
- Leave doors open to allow air circulation
- Clean your way out of the door so you can arrive to a clean home when you’re back!
Now that you know how to prepare your home for holiday, you can enjoy it and return to a safe, clean and uninterrupted home.
For further information on our services visit our website www.servicemasterrestore.co.uk or call 0845 762 6828 for emergency help in fire, floor and trauma damage.