It’s important to consider home fire prevention as there are around 37,000 house fires annually in the UK according to Fire Safety Facts.
Consider it as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Home Fire Prevention
- Keep flammable materials away from heat sources
- Don’t leave flames unattended
- Fix or repair faulty wiring
- Don’t overload sockets
- Inspect household electrical items
2. Home fire safety equipment
- Install smoke detectors
- Keep the most suitable fire extinguisher for the home
- Consider an automatic sprinkler system
3. Fire safety planning
- Create a fire safety plan and familiarise yourself and your family with it
- Make a list of important contact details
- Practice your escape plan every year
- Teach children how and when to call 999
It’s important to get to grips with the above to keep yourself and those around you safe in the home. House fires represent a great risk that can be prevented with proper care and attention.
If you’re unfortunate enough to be affected by a fire, you can speak to the experts for restoration help. ServiceMaster Restore provide fire and smoke damage clean ups for customers in the UK.
For further information view our fire and smoke restoration service or call us at 0845 762 6828