October sees the school holidays and the well known family event, ‘Halloween’. So here are some Halloween safety tips for you to take on board to keep yourself and your family safe.
If you’re going to be offering treats this year instead of tricks, think about the following:
- Individually wrapped sweets for hygiene reasons
- Sugar free or reduced sugar versions for a healthier option
- Make sure the walkway to your home is safe and free from obstruction, trip hazards and poor visibility (total darkness)
- Avoid using candles outside the home to reduce the fire risk to visitors
- Ensure decorations are secured well to avoid them falling on visitors
If you’re going to be taking your children out ‘trick or treating’ here are some tips for you:
- Plan your route
- Dress children in reflective clothing where possible (wellies/trainers/hats)
- Take glow sticks or torches to increase visibility
- Accompany smaller children right to the door
- Check treats before allowing your children to consume them
Halloween is an event to be enjoyed. So wherever you are, stay safe!
We hope that you use our Halloween safety tips to keep safe this Halloween, but for any restoration works following any kind of disaster – get in touch with Restore for professional help on 0845 762 8628 / www.servicemasterrestore.co.uk