We’ve all seen the green mould on bread, or in butter and jam, but mould around the home can be much more serious. Here are some important facts about mould that you might not be aware of!
- Mould needs moisture to grow. Both indoors due to damp and moist conditions and outdoors in the soil or decaying material
- There are four common types of indoor mould: alternaria, aspergillus, cladosporium and penicillium
- Mould, a fungi, spreads by spores, which act as seeds to form new mold colonies
- Condensation on windows, walls and other hard surfaces is a sign of high humidity in the home, which increases the risk for mould development
- Reactions to mould may include, but are not limited to, headache, fever, cough, wheezing and flu-like symptoms. It can trigger asthma attacks as well
Identifying the root cause of mould can help to prevent it happening again in the future.
We hope that these facts about mould have been helpful and have helped you to become more aware of the dangers and symptoms mould can produce.
If you have any concerns about mould in your home or business, we can help. Here at ServiceMaster Restore our technicians are trained in what to look for and how to treat cases of mould. Helping to protect you and your home, or you, your employees, customers and business.
For these reasons, it’s important to treat the cause of mould (moisture) and that is something that we can help with, as well as the treatment of mould too. Contact our team on 0845 762 6828 / www.servicemasterrestore.co.uk