There are many dangers of mould, if you have mould in your home or business, it needs go go! 

It can appear anywhere. Commonly on windows and walls where there has been condensation or moisture.

You may not know what you are looking for. That’s because mould can show itself in a variety of colours and textures. They can be black, white, yellow, blue or green in colour and be smooth or fuzzy. It often depends on the type of mould and where it is growing.

According to the NHS website, Moulds produce allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), irritants and, sometimes, toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes and skin rash. Moulds can also cause asthma attacks. Mould is especially dangerous to children, those with skin or respiratory conditions and those with weakened immune systems, such as those going through chemotherapy.

Mould is an unsightly problem that can be caused by excess moisture. It’s a sign that moisture is getting in somewhere and as well as dealing with the mould, it’s important to fix the root cause of the mould and make the property water tight, otherwise the mould will just keep coming back!

It’s important to seek expert advice to track where the mould is originating from, this is something that ServiceMaster Restore can help with through a specialist survey completed by a trained technician.

Upon competition of the survey, we can also recommend a professional service to treat the mould. This would include, removal, drying, cleaning, sanitisation and reinstatement if required.

Unfortunately mould is not harmless. It can produce harmful allergens that can cause irritations and reactions.

It’s best to get it sorted to protect your families, or your employees health.

Speak to the restoration experts at ServiceMaster Restore on 0845 762 6828